In the Americas, lending fees have skyrocketed for coal mining company, Cloud Peak Energy. In Asia Pacific, there’s an increase in demand for Softbank Corp following an announcement that it will become the largest shareholder of Yahoo Japan. In Europe, demand continues for Purplebricks as one of its founding partners exits the company.
- The dollar is getting traction even as US rates continue to fall
- The US data highlight is April retail sales
- Trump’s efforts to influence the Fed continue
- China reported weak April IP and retail sales
- Canada reports April CPI
- Turkish lira remains under pressure; Poland is expected to keep rates steady at 1.5%.
- Argentina April CPI is expected to rise 56.3% y/y; Brazil COPOM minutes were surprisingly dovish Continue reading “Dollar Firms Even as US Rates Fall and Curve Inverts”