In the Americas, lending fees have skyrocketed for coal mining company, Cloud Peak Energy. In Asia Pacific, there’s an increase in demand for Softbank Corp following an announcement that it will become the largest shareholder of Yahoo Japan. In Europe, demand continues for Purplebricks as one of its founding partners exits the company.
- Pakistan reached agreement with the IMF for a $6 bln 3-year Extended Fund Facility
- Philippines central bank cut reserve requirements by two percentage points to 16%
- The US announced it would cut tariffs on Turkish steel by half to 25%
- Egypt reached agreement with the IMF to unlock $2 bln of aid in final review of its 3-year Extended Fund Facility
- Brazil saw nationwide protests against proposed cuts in the education budget Continue reading “What Has Changed in EM”